Based in Minneapolis, MN, ecs is a Division of Parsons specializing in Essential Consolidated Solutions for national companies. We have been a leader in the industry since 1927. Guided by LEAN principles, ecs strives to add value to our customers through continuous improvement, innovation, analytics, and experience. Our proven core processes for providing thorough preventive maintenance, responsive service, and strategic construction initiatives for our electrical and fire projects.
80% of electrical related accidents and fatalities involving “qualified workers” are caused by arc flash. Arc flash occurs where a flashover of electric current leaves its intended path. Temperatures at arc terminals can exceed 35,000 degrees – four times the temperature of the sun’s surface. When arcs cause equipment to explode, flying metal pieces can travel at a life threatening 700 mph. Anything that produces electric current has the potential to create an arc.
ecs’ Arc Flash Risk Assessment Services. The ecs arc flash risk assessment includes the following elements:
• Provide an up-front explanation of the requirements of the 2015 NFPA 70E
• Survey existing or new electrical systems to collect data necessary to perform a Short-Circuit Analysis, Protective Device Coordination Study, and Arc Flash Analysis
• Develop a plan to correct any repairs, system updates, or deficiencies necessary to meet NEC and NFPA guidelines
• Update building electrical one-line diagrams to depict current system
• To meet arc flash compliance, deliver the completed arc flash risk assessment and install 2015 NFPA 70E compliant labels identifying protection levels
• Optional – Comprehensive three (3) hour training covering OSHA Regulations and NFPA 70E – perfect for anyone working on or near energized electrical equipment